POSITION OPENING for township Zoning Inspector.
• Compensation: Paid monthly $250-$350
• Paid OPERS Benefit (Ohio Public Employee Retirement System)
• Position is part-time.
Applicants should submit a resume and/or a letter of interest to:
Attn: Township Trustees
464 Township Road 700
Polk, OH 44866
The Zoning Inspector performs a variety of professional, administrative, and technical functions related to code enforcement, planning / zoning review and site inspections.
LOCATION: Jackson Township, Ashland County, OHIO.
• Attendance at all scheduled trustee board meetings, zoning commission and zoning appeals board meetings is mandatory.
• Enforce the provisions of the township resolution.
• Issue permits as provided in the township resolution, and keep record of all permits issued or refused with a notation of any special conditions involved.
• File and safely keep copies of all plans submitted, and the same shall form a part of the records in his or her office.
• Maintain a verified copy of the text of the township resolution and of the zoning map.
• Keep records of all violations and/or complaints.
• Make sure records are available for the use of the Board of Township Trustees, the Zoning Commission, the Board of Zoning Appeals, and the public.
• Required to keep an activity log, which details travel by date, road identification, and observation notes. Expectations are at a minimum to be on each road in the township at least once a month.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Residency in the township is not required.
• Must be computer literate; able to create and edit documents in Microsoft Word and Excel.
POSITION: PART-TIME Road Laborer
Working hours will fluctuate according to job requirements. 7:30am -3:30pm
Benefits: Township contributes to the Ohio Public Retirement System
Pay Rate: $10.00-$12.00 per hour
Location: West Salem - Polk, Oho area
Performs various physical labors, including, but not limited to:
· Operates a variety of manual and power tools and equipment appropriate to job related tasks.
· Performs routine maintenance and minor repair work such as, lubricating and cleaning job related vehicles, machinery, tools, and equipment.
Must have valid drivers license. CDL preferred.
Must be able to pass random drug and alcohol tests.
Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) consists of five members appointed by the Township Board.
The ZBA hears and decides from any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the zoning inspector. Variances may be granted if practical difficulty or unnecessary hardship will result from conforming to the Ordinance.
Meetings are very infrequent.
In 2018 there were 5.
Zoning Commission Board
The original task of the Zoning Commission in 1999 was to gather information and to craft a Zoning Resolution for which they would make a recommendation to the Township Board of Trustees for approval and adoption into law by Jackson Township.
The main focus of the Zoning Commission in the present day revolves around the amendment process. An amendment, or a change, to either the text of the Resolution (Text Amendment) or to the zoning district assignment of specific parcels of land (Map Amendment) may be initiated by the Zoning Commission itself or by a private citizen or group of citizens through an application process.
Meetings are determined by the board chairman.
In 2018 they were once every other month.